Season 1, Episode 6
July 20, 2013
Dan Schneider & Christopher J. Nowak
|Next||Gallery (images · videos)|
The episode starts with Sam struggling to sleep in a comfortable position on the couch. A neighbor's dog is able to get in to the apartment, and he sleeps on Sam. The owner finds him and retrieves him. Sam goes to Cat's bedroom, and Cat falls out of bed after Sam lifts it. Sam then sleeps in the bed while Cat wakes up. Sam "trickers" Cat into letting her sleep in the bedroom while Cat sleeps on the couch.
Sam, Benny, and Cat sing "That Good Life" on Rap Attack. Afterwards, Benny's mom arrives to pick her son up. He was sad because he wanted to stay longer and play with Cat and Sam. He says "You're the best babysitter ever!" before walking out to one of the girls, but Sam and Cat both assume that it was to themselves. They soon become competitive over who is the best babysitter by asking their next set of children what they think. They set the winning prize as the only bedroom in the house, which was first Nona's, then Cat's.
Cat starts off with a very basic approach, rewarding them with 'cookie necklaces' for saying Cat's name as she told them to. But Sam intervenes and tells the kids to come play with her fireworks machine. Cat tries to counter this attack by mentioning that a special permit was required. However, Sam had a special permit, and managed to produce her fireworks, exciting the children. Cat leaves to have Dice help her come up with something cooler for the kids so they could like her best, so he tells her about the new restaurant Bots.
Cat then interrupts the kids while the fireworks display was ongoing to inform them about the cool new restaurant, then Sam offers the kids to ride on the back of her motorcycle. Cat then says that it isn't safe without helmets, then Sam brings out helmets leaving Cat worried that the kids would like Sam better.
Sam brings the children to the Bots restaurant where robots are shown moving around and talking to people, with the kids amused, and with Cat not there, Sam tells the kids it was her idea to go to Bots saying that Cat wanted to take the kids to a mean dentist. Cat then shows up upset with Sam. She talks to Sam telling her that she isn't playing fair, but Sam states that they only said that the set of kids have to pick the best babysitter when they get picked up at night. Cat then distracts Sam by telling her that a naked robot was present. She then goes to the kids and tries to win them over again. Sam comes back disappointed about there being no naked robot. Then one of the kids named Daisy asks Cat for an orange soda. Sam and Cat argue about who will order it, then Jarvis tells them all that there's a button that you press that will have you order. A PearPad pops up, then Sam and Cat argue over the PearPad so they could order it for Daisy.
A robot named Tandy comes over and brings them all their food, then asks them if there's anything else they want, leaving Cat to tell the robot that she wants ketchup. Tandy mistook ketchup for the word pet shop, making Cat upset. Sam then tries to win the kids over by telling them that she's having a great time. Another robot named Bungle comes over with Sam telling her that Cat has finished her food, leaving Cat upset when Bungle throws her food away. Sam asks the kids if that was funny, they agree, while Cat disagrees.They all look at her, then she realizes again that she's in a competition so she agrees with them.
They all get back to the apartment finding Dice with a turkey cannon for the kids to play with. Sam then asks Cat what was going on then Cat says she called Dice to bring something cool for the kids to play with. Someone rings the doorbell for the apartment, and it was for Sam. Sam then opens the door with Justin Fever coming in. Daisy and Cat go over there, with Cat upset, and Daisy feeling great. Justin starts singing with Daisy and Sam excited, with Cat telling Jarvis to go outside with her to play with the cannon, then the frozen turkey goes and hits Justin, leaving him down. Then, the kids' dad comes to pick them up.
Sam and Cat then ask the kids who they think is there favorite babysitter. Daisy votes Sam, and Jarvis votes Cat. They think it's a tie until their little sibling, Sophie, says she didn't vote. She then tells them that it doesn't matter who is the better babysitter as long as they care about their work and friendship. The kids then leave with Sam and Cat wondering what to do with the big bedroom. They decide to share it and start planning it.
Sam and Cat then have both sides in the room. Cat's side is pink with stuffed animals, pink pillows, a pink carpet, and lots of pink stuff, with Sam's side full of the opposite kinds of stuff. Sam and Cat then go to bed. Cat notices something on Sam's wall, and asks her what it is, and it was a boy toilet. Cat then asks Sam if they could use it, Sam then says that it would be difficult but not impossible. Cat then automatically falls asleep.
Cat: Wha- What? What the-?! Was there an earthquake?
Sam: Yup, big one. I think it was an eight point-shut up and let me sleep.
Sam: Hey, how come you get this whole big bedroom, anyway?
Cat: Because it was my Nona's, and I lived here first!
Sam: ...No, you didn't.
Cat: Yes, I did!
Sam: Yes, you did!
Cat: No, I didn't!
Cat: Smooth! What?
Sam: Look. There is no way I'm gonna sleep in that comfortable bed.
Cat: You are too!
Sam: Well, okay, but you're staying in here with me!
Cat: Oh, no I'm not! [leaves]
Cat: [enters the room] You trickered me, right?
Cat: Well, it won't be the last time.
Sam: No, it won't.
Cat: [Answers the door] [Gasps] Look! It's my favorite three kids in the whole wide world!
Man: ...But you've never met my kids before.
Cat: Well, that doesn't mean I can't do a cartwheel for them! [She cartwheels]
Cat: Hey! Hey, get in here, you guys! Who wants to go have dinner at a restaurant where the waiters are robots?!
Daisy: We do!
Cat: Yeah, I know you do!
Tandy: Is there anything else I can get you?
Cat: Umm...can I please have some ketchup?
Tandy: I don't understand your question.
Cat: Sorry. I just want some ketchup.
Tandy: Searching the web...There are three pet shops near you.
Cat: No. I don't want a pet shop. I just want some ketchup.
Tandy: Enjoy your meal. [leaves]
Bungle: Hello. Is everyone enjoying their foods and/or beverages?
Everyone (except Sophie): Yeah, it's really good. Very good chips.
Sam: Hey, that little red-headed girl is done with her food.
Bungle: Understood. [takes away Cat's food]
Cat: But. No! What? Nooo! No! Don't go! [Bungle leaves]
Cat: (to Sam) You lied to a robot!
Sam: Yep. Pretty funny, right guys?
Cat: No, it's not!
Cat: I mean, yay! Yay for lying and wasting food!
Everyone (except Sophie): YAY!
- Sam and Cat's bedroom is revealed for the first time in this episode.
- A new restaurant named Bots is featured in the episode, which becomes the character's central hangout.
- It is revealed that their apartment only has one bedroom.
- This is the first episode featuring Sam and Cat babysitting more than once.
- During the credits, a rerun of Sam and Cat can be seen singing "That Good Life" with Benny.
- The 'unedited version' (as billed in the promos) of this episode aired January 9, 2014 at 7 a.m. (EST) as part of the "Wake Up With Sam & Cat" week on Nickelodeon.
- The quote “You’re the best babysitter ever!” was a quote from The Thundermans pilot episode.
- Justin Fever is not a parody of Justin Bieber because Cat mentioned Bieber in this episode and on #Pilot.
- Sam couldn't have taken 3 children, and herself, on a one person motorcycle.
- Additionally, Sam only had two helmets, for herself and three kids.
- Sam and Cat compete for the bedroom, But it is known that Nona nor Cat did not sleep on the sofa bed, so they must have each had their own room. Sam could have just had the other room.
- However, it's possible that Nona and Cat slept in the same room.
- Closed captions spells "Puckell" as "Puckle."
- Cat calls Sam's last name "Puckell."
- Cat had a picture of Sikowitz from Victorious by her bed.
- Justin Bieber is mentioned for the second time, the first time being #Pilot.
- October 21, 2013 (Australia & New Zealand)
- November 4, 2013 (UK & Ireland)
- November 8, 2013 (Portugal)
- November 9, 2013 (Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Italy)
- November 23, 2013 (Latin America)
- December 4, 2013 (France)
- December 9, 2013 (Spain)
- March 1, 2014 (Greece)
- March 16, 2014 (Hungary)
- ↑ The Futon Critic - Sam & Cat Listings
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Saturday's Cable Ratings: Nickelodeon Tops Viewers, Demos with "Sam & Cat"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Nick and More - Sam & Cat Episodes List
- ↑ Dan's tweet about Sam and Cat's bedroom
- ↑ Maree's tweet about Sam and Cat's bedroom
- ↑ Dan's tweet about a cool new restaurant
|#Pilot • #FavoriteShow • #TheBritBrats • #NewGoat • #TextingCompetition • #BabysitterWar • #GoomerSitting • #ToddlerClimbing • #MommaGoomer • #BabysittingCommercial • #RevengeOfTheBritBrats • #MotorcycleMystery • #SecretSafe • #OscarTheOuch • #DollSitting • #PeezyB • #SalmonCat • #Twinfection • #MyPoober • #MadAboutShoe • #MagicATM • #Lumpatious • #TheKillerTunaJump • #YayDay • #BrainCrush • #BlueDogSoda • #BlooperEpisode • #FresnoGirl • #StuckInABox • #SuperPsycho • #DroneBabyDrone • #FirstClassProblems • #KnockOut • #WeStealARockStar • #GettinWiggy|