"Ah, all right. I'll buy everyone a present for Yay Day."
Season 1, Episode 25
January 20, 2014 
Dan Schneider & Warren Bell
|Gallery (images · videos)|
#YayDay is the 25th episode of Sam & Cat.
Sam is trying to learn how to juggle with glasses but keeps smashing them. Cat, who had just finished shopping, comes and says that the glasses were going to be hard to drink from. Sam says she had once tried to do it with knives, but it didn't work. Cat tells Sam about a holiday she made up. It's called Yay Day and it's all about giving presents to people. Yay Day was that Saturday.
The day before Yay Day, everyone gets ready. Sam doesn't want to buy Cat a present because the last time she got Cat a present, Cat snuck a look at it and ruined the surprise. Cat can't help herself with that unless she has her special vitamins. Sam ends up caving and buying Cat a present. That night however, Cat sneaks out of bed and looks at the present Sam gave her. All she finds are mouthwash and foot wash.
The next day, Cat is furious with Sam but doesn't tell her that she snooped. When everyone's supposed to take their Yay Day present, Cat takes the gift she wanted to give to Sam and goes to her room with it. Then, Herb arrives at the window with a dirty pillow. Cat gets an idea and trades Sam's present with the dirty pillow. Then, she puts the dirty pillow in the box and gives it to Sam. Cat takes the present Sam had gotten for Cat and finds the mouthwash and foot wash. Sam is surprised to see the two bottles in there, but then realizes that she accidentally switched the tags. She had intended to give those to Goomer because he loved mouthwash and foot wash. Sam had gotten Cat a jump rope she had wanted. The letter had said that Cat was one of the few people she liked. Then, she leaves. Cat finds her near a sidewalk crack later, watching people trip repeatedly. Sam opens up about how she hoped she would have a nice gift since she never got a nice gift from anyone while growing up (her mother gave her a shovel with meatballs). Cat apologizes and explains and then, they both starts laughing at the people tripping.
Sam: I will buy everybody presents...except...for Cat. [pops balloons while talking]
Cat: [gasps] Why not me?
Sam: 'Cause you are a dirty snooper.
Cat: [gasps] You take that back. Okay it's true.
Sam: Yeah. The last time I got Cat a present, she snooped my closet and opened the present before I could give it to her.
Cat: That is not my fault. The wrapping paper had little baby unicorns on it. They called to me.
Sam: Well, you ruined the surprise so you get no more presents from me.
Cat: But...but...[takes a present Goomer was holding] I had a snooping problem. I'm better now.
Dice: Are you?
Cat: Yes. [begins tearing the wrapper while talking] I spoke to my doctors, they gave me special vitamins, and I think I'm in a good place now all right...
Sam: You're opening Goomer's present right now.
Cat: [gasps] Oh no! No. I was just...the tape came...
Goomer: Put the present down.
Goomer: Put it. [points to the table]
Cat: [slowly puts present down]
Dice: See, she can resist.
Sam: Ah, all right. I'll buy everyone a present for Yay Day.
Cat: Me too?
Sam: Swear no snooping?
Cat: Yes. Cross my bra.
- Table read for this episode was on September 16, 2013.
- Rehearsal for this episode was also on September 16, 2013.
- Although it was Cameron Ocasio's birthday the week before, the cast celebrated during production of this episode.
- This episode marks the first interaction between Nona and Goomer.
- This is the first new Sam & Cat episode to be on a Monday.
- More of Sam's earlier life is revealed.
- This is the first episode to have been produced after the break of the 20 originals episodes, so the first one produced since Ariana dyed her hair brown and wears a wig to play Cat.
- Most of the episode takes place at Apartment 22.
- There are two different deleted scenes of this episode
- The first is shown in the ending credits. Dice remember what Nona said about licking rocks and Dice tries it.
- The second is shown in the ending credits of #MagicATM, Nona offers to Dice a coupon book about her stories.
- Despite not necessarily being a Christmas episode, international Nickelodeon channels tend to air this episode around Christmas.
- Cat making up her own holiday is similar to the iCarly episode iHalfoween where Carly, Sam, and Freddie make up their own holiday.
- When Cat is sneaking to open her Yay Day present, she is wearing a nightcap and carrying a candle, similar to Ebenezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol.
- When Cat comes in with her shopping bags, if you look closely at the blue bag, you can see it says Shirt Locker. This is a parody of the real life store, Foot Locker.
- Cat has a snooping problem and the doctor gives her special vitamins to help her.
- Back in the day, when it was a hot day and nothing to drink, Nona would lick damp rocks.
- Sam's mom gave her a shovel with meatballs for her 5th birthday.
- Sam tried to grow a meatball tree.
- Sam never got a great present while growing up.
- Cat over-emphasises some words, like "pamphlet".
- Cat's "special vitamins" had been mentioned in episodes before, but this is because this one was produced before the others.
- Cat used the word "stupid" correctly, but in #BabysittingCommercial, she thought it meant good. However, she could've learned what it meant in between the episodes.
- If Dice never had anything to drink, he could've fainted because of this.
- When Nona is singing the PeezyB song on Rap Attack, in the line where it says "What is the color of karma can carma can dama", if you listen closely, she says "darma" instead of "carma".
- Someone telling Dice that he can't have a drink.
- Nona tells her old stories of her life back in the day.
- Nona, Dice, and Goomer were singing a Peezy B song on Rap Attack, which was also used in #BabysitterWar and #TheKillerTunaJump. The song appears to be the one Peezy B recorded in #PeezyB.
- This is the second time Cat reveals she has an obsession with something. The last time was bibble, during Victorious and in #TheBritBrats, and this time is snooping.
- It's unknown if Sam and Cat and their friends went back to open the other presents, or if they ever celebrated Yay Day again.
- May 5, 2014 (Latin America)
- May 10, 2014 (Poland, Germany, Netherlands)
- June 17, 2014 (Australia)
- September 15, 2014 (Greece)
- October 3, 2014 (UK & Ireland)